Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Read me before you blog!

Please respond to the prompt for each week by leaving a comment below with your full name indicated. I will update my blog posts every Sunday, and you will have that week to write your response. You also have the option of posting your own blog prompt to which others may respond. Responses to my posts, your own blog posts, or responding to other contributors are all acceptable ways to earn your required 7 posts. You must post your response to my prompts or the prompts of others within a week of its publication, and late responses will not be considered toward your final grade. Most importantly, the content of your blog posts must relate in some way to the course material or ideas that Professor Rosenstock has presented in lecture; you are free to relate it to contemporary issues, politics, or popular culture as long as you feel that it is relevant and worth discussing.

As for the administrative details, you will need to sign into an account to leave a comment. I have sent out invitations to everybody enrolled in the course to sign up as contributors to the blog. Please use your full name in your blog profile so that I can identify your posts and give you credit. Fortunately, you have the option of using your Google, Live Journal, AIM, WordPress, Type Pad, or Open ID account to sign in. Otherwise, if you do not have any of these, you will need to sign up for a Blogspot account.

Overall I want to use this blog as a way of extending the conversation in class and learning from each other in the process. I really look forward to learning from all of you throughout the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment